POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another Project I'll Never Finish <41k jpg> : Re: Another Project I'll Never Finish <41k jpg> Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Project I'll Never Finish <41k jpg>
From: Tom Melly
Date: 25 Feb 2000 06:20:18
Message: <38b66572@news.povray.org>
Eric Freeman <eri### [at] datasynccom> wrote in message
--------------------
> "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
> certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
> --Bertrand Russel

I like the quote (and the pic BTW).

Reminds me of a Graves poem:

In Broken Images
Robert Graves

He is quick, thinking in clear images;
I am slow, thinking in broken images.

He becomes dull, trusting to his clear images;
I become sharp, mistrusting my broken images.

Trusting his images, he assumes their relevance;
Mistrusting my images, I question their relevance.

Assuming their relevance, he assumes the fact;
Questioning their relevances, I question the fact.

When the fact fails him, he questions his senses;
When the facts fails me, I approve my senses.

He continues quick and dull in his clear images;
I continue slow and clear in my broken images.

He, in a new confusion of his understanding;
I, in a new understanding of my confusion.